Tourism Schengen visa

A Tourist Schengen Visa authorizes foreigners to travel to the Schengen zone for a maximum of ninety days within 6-month duration, under the justification of visiting Europe for pleasure.

What records are needed when applying for a Schengen tourist visa?

When you want to apply for a Tourist Schengen visa, you should present the following records:

  • Visa application form – Filled with correct details, printed and signed at the end.
  • Two recent photos – Taken within three months, to the time of application following the Schengen visa photo requirements.
  • Valid passport – With three months of validity beyond your intended stay in Schengen.
  • Roundtrip reservation or itinerary – A record that includes dates and flight numbers showing the entry and exit from the Schengen zone.
  • Travel Health Insurance – Provided that you have bought health insurance that covers medical necessities with a minimum of €30,000, for your whole time of stay.
  • Proof of accommodation – A document that shows where you will be residing throughout your time in Schengen. This could be a:
  • Hotel booking. With name, complete address, phone, and e-mail, for the entire time you will be in the Schengen zone.
  • Rent agreement. If you have rented an apartment, in the state you will be residing.
  • Letter of tour organizer – If you will be transiting with a tour organization.
  • Proof of financial means – A document that shows you have enough money to back yourself throughout your stay in Schengen country. This could be a:
  • Statement of account
  • Sponsorship Letter. Whether another person will be financially supporting your trip to the Schengen area. It is also called an Affidavit of Support.
  • A combination of both.
  • Evidence of employment status.
  • If employed:
  • Employment contract,
  • Leave permission from the employer
  • Income Tax Return
  • If self-employed:
  • A copy of your business license,
  • Company’s bank statement of the latest 6 months
  • Income Tax Return (ITR)
  • If a student:
  • Proof of enrollment &
  • No Objection Letter from University
  • Travel Itinerary. A description of your migration to Europe, your reason for traveling, which area you will visit in Europe, the duration and all the personal information.
  • For Minors:
  • Either birth certificate/proof of adoption/custody decree if parents are separated/ death certificate of parent
  • Letter of consent from parents/guardian, including passport copies of both parents/guardian

How to Apply for a Tourist Schengen Visa?

To finish your Tourist Schengen visa application successfully, follow these steps:

  • Make sure you are entitled to a Tourist Schengen Visa. Because there are various Schengen visa types, you must ensure that the visa you want is this one.
  • Find out where you need to apply.
  • Figure out the best time to submit your tourist visa application.
  • Collect the required records for a Tourist Schengen Visa.
  • Schedule an appointment at the embassy of your destination state. You may have to decide to take this appointment online or in-person at the embassy/consulate/visa center.
  • Attend the visa interview.
  • Pay the tourist visa fee.
  • Wait for a reply to your visa application.

When to Apply for a Tourist Schengen Visa?

Lodge your Tourist Schengen Visa application at least fifteen calendar days before your planned trip to the Schengen Area. This is the latest you can present your application. The earliest you can apply for a Tourist visa to the Schengen area is 3 months before your journey.

How long will it take to collect the visa?

It is encouraged to apply for a Tourist Schengen Visa at least two weeks before the planned trip. The Embassy ministry will then respond in 10 working days the time taken to process all the documents and the traveler’s request. Depending on the condition, proceeding time might take 2 months if there is something exceptional with the individual case or any odd political situation is on the go.

How long is the visa valid for?

Tourist Schengen visa is usually valid for stays no more than ninety days. If you will be moving a lot and not only in one Schengen state it is encouraged to fill in the “multiple entries” gap in the application form. This will enable you to enter and leave Schengen Zone as you please for the duration of time permitted on your visa issued.